SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Very, Very Happy Update From Kix

Kix, a sweet mix-breed dog, spent Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's at the League. She was here for the snow storms in December and February. Dogs to the left and right of her den were adopted. Dogs across the hall from her went home, too. Kix waited. League visitors walked past her. She tried to get their attention with her broad smile and soulful eyes. When I brought children through the shelter, I would open Kix's den door and she would gently nudge her new found friends, encouraging them to give her one more pat. The children always said, "Why hasn't she been adopted yet?" I didn't have an answer. How could such a great dog be invisible to potential adopters?

And then, recently, a when a League volunteer decided to foster a dog she picked Kix!!!

Kix is very, very happy in her foster home. She sent me this update.
After a week here in College Park, I am very happy. The first couple of days were hard, and I was stressed out so my tummy hurt a little, but now everything is okay! My parents take me on lots of walks. I love to watch the squirrels and robins and sniff where the other doggies have been. We haven't met too many, but I know they are around because I can smell them. My favorite place to walk is down the trolley trail path, where lots of other doggies go. When I'm around the house, I love to cuddle up to mom and dad and get scratched behind the ears. If they are busy, I cozy up in my crate with my fluffy blanket and bunny. Though I love my bunny, I also love chewing on him when I'm excited. He's missing his nose and his right leg...oops! Because I'm a little chubby, I'm on a healthy diet of dry food with supplements of raw chicken, fruit and yogurt. The raw chicken is my favorite. What a good life! I do get a little lonely during the day when mom and dad are at work, but really, I'm a happy dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment