SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Thursday, June 24, 2010

Don't Forget to Brush

I admit it.  I don't brush my cats or Nigel's teeth.  And, that's bad.  Dr. Rosen, the League's Medical Center Director, has shown me numerous times how simple it is to brush an animal's teeth.  Just pull  the gum away from the teeth, brush back and forth with yummy chicken flavored toothpaste and finish the job by giving your animal a treat!  Yes, a treat.  Dogs and cats should get a treat after brushing.  Imagine chowing down on a chocolate bar after brushing?  Maybe we would all brush more often.


Well, truth be told, even though I've been shown, and even though the steps sound fairly easy, I don't do it.  And, the result is not pretty.  Each and every one of my three cats end up getting their teeth cleaned at the animal hospital, which means that they have to be put under anesthesia in order to open wide.  Today, stinky breath Merl, not only had his teeth cleaned, but he had several pulled.  Ouch!  Regular brushing probably would have prevented the extractions -- sorry Merl.

No comments:

Post a Comment