SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Thursday, December 23, 2010

Read & Relax -- Paul Public Charter School Students Share Stories With Dogs & Cats

 As part of a student service learning project, students from Paul Public Charter School are spending a couple of hours each month at the League.  They help out in lots of conventional ways -- stuffing kongs, cleaning kennel cards, folding laundry -- but they also spend time reading to the animals.   Daniel came prepared with the all-time favorite, Green Eggs and Ham.  The little dog in the distance may not have been ready for belly rubs, but she was a good listener, probably identifying  with Sam I Am. 
I could not, would not, in a house. I would not, could not, with a mouse. I would not eat them with a fox. I would not eat them in a box. I would not eat them here or there. I would not eat them anywhere. I would not eat green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-am.


                                         A pat

and a story makes for a perfect afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment