SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Noah Update from Forever Home!

Remember Noah, the spectacular tabby who flew to Washington after his home was devastated in Joplin Missouri? Enjoy the update sent by his loving guardian.


HOME!!
 I am writing to update you on Noah who came home with me on Saturday August 27th. It was a very lucky day for both of us! 

The first thing to tell you is that I renamed him Cherubino after the character in Mozart's Marriage of Figaro. My other cat is named Figaro (also FIV positive like Cherubino) so it seemed fitting. He of course does not care about his name and he'll come whether I call him or not, he's such a people-oriented cat.

The second thing to say is that he has adjusted perfectly to his new home. I followed instructions about keeping him segregated at first in a separate room. Well, someone forgot to tell him about it because he quickly made himself at home in the entire apartment and Figaro's food, water dish, and litter box.
The third thing to mention is that Cherubino has discovered his inner kitten. Remember the quiet, sweet Noah sitting patiently in the Tower room? Meet Cherubino the whirlwind! He runs around as if pursued, climbs everywhere, and insists of checking out inside closets, drawers, cabinets, boxes, and whatever else tickles his fancy. This behavior leaves both Figaro and myself exhausted.
Finally I want to say thank you for rescuing such a lovely creature. He is sweet and gives back so much love that I'm sometimes speechless (this is not easy to do). He has taken over my bed, my heart, and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment