SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Thursday, January 19, 2012

Powell 4th Graders Learn Lots and Surprise Nigel & Me with Thank You Notes and Artwork!

Ms. Stoessel, Powell Elementary School  librarian, and fourth graders pose with Nigel.  Gabriel (center )is displaying the  portrait of Nigel that he created.  Nigel is amazed by the likeness!
Nigel and I met regularly first semester with Powell Elementary School fourth graders.   The inquisitive students travelled recently to the League to see firsthand what happens in the shelter and medical center.   They asked great questions and eagerly volunteered during animal interactions.   They absorbed everything they learned.  Their wonderful thank you notes confirmed their concern for the animals.  I shared those letters with the entire Washington Animal Rescue League staff this morning, and invited my coworkers to stop by my office to see the beautiful drawing of Nigel hanging on my wall.  The artwork was created by Gabriel, and the poster was signed by the entire class.

"....Thank you for letting us see people doing their jobs....We  learned that if you want to adopt a pet you have to be ready."     Roberto
"...I liked the part when Trip, the dog, came into the room.  I liked that part because I learned so much......Thank you for inviting us."  Estephanie
"Thank you for showing us cool tricks with the dogs and letting us do the tricks with them...." Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment