SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Tuesday, August 28, 2012

By My Feet

Well, unnamed kitty came out from under the desk and is sleeping by my feet.  He is not always by my feet; much of the time he is rubbing my legs, begging for pats, and somersaulting for attention.   His mangled ear may give him the appearance of being a fighter, but he is really a clown cat.  And, a very sick clown cat at that.  This is what I learned about him.  Before coming to the League, he spent two months at another area shelter.  He was surrendered because he was "too old."  

Our shelter director brought him from that shelter to the League, where a veterinarian examined him and heard a very distinct heart murmur.  A blood test was done to find out if the the murmur was an indicator of something worse.  Unfortunately, that is what the test confirmed -- debilitating heart disease 

Now, I am noticing that my lovable friend isn't as thick in the haunches as he should be, and  he doesn't jump up on the furniture -- maybe he doesn't want to exert the energy.  His paperwork said that he is at least 9, I'm guessing he is a few years older than that.  

Unnamed and under my feet, this is one sweet, albeit sick, marshmellow cat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment