SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Big Tom Cat Melts My Heart

I'm one cool cat!
There is something about a big-headed cat.   They areabsolutely the most lovable cats, but they also aren't afraid to tell you what they do and DO NOT like.   My heart melted when I saw this big-headed guy this morning.   I was told that he was not happy about his new situation.  He was living on the streets when one of our volunteers' friend took him in temporarily.  He was happy there, and apparently didn't understand that that situation was not permanent.  He was brought here yesterday and made sure to let every staff member know that he was not fond of needles.   As someone who has been needle-phobic since birth, can't say that I blame him.   Today, he's settled in nicely.  He ate an entire bowl of breakfast and decided that the cat bed is warm and cozy.  When I opened his kitty condo he got up and rubbed all over me.   Whoever is lucky enough to adopt this big bruiser is not going to have any trouble getting him to settle in.  He's up-to-date on all vaccines.  No more needles for another year!  If you come looking for him at the League, ask for Banger.  I personally think he looks like a Chuck or Clint.  His rescuer likes Chico.  I'm sure he'll answer to anything that suits him.   After all, he's a big-headed tom cat who just may come when he's called, but just as well may not! 

No comments:

Post a Comment