SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Friday, February 15, 2013

Home at Last!

The little dog, in the Zebra striped harness, was named Shortstack when she lived at the Washington Animal Rescue League.  She spent three months at the shelter, after her rescue from a puppy mill, before finding her forever home.  When I saw her self-assured photo this morning in an email update that read, Her name is now MeMe because we want her to think that her new life is now about "me me", I thought of Sam's poster with the sweet animal drawings and hard-hitting message.   There are millions of dogs and cats in the world.  Many of them are victims of animal cruelty.  Don't let an animal you know become a victim.  Little Me Me, once a victim, is now a much-loved family member in her forever home. Her guardian writes, she is "comfy on the couch with her blanket and on our bed by my feet at night to sleep. She likes to watch TV with me and play chase with my daughter.  Adopting her has been one of the best decisions I've ever made."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment