SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Friday, March 20, 2020

Charlotte is Catching up on Her Reading and has a Surprise Recommendation



Charlotte has a book recommendation, My Big Dog by Janet Stevens and Susan Crummel. The title is somewhat deceiving. The story's narrator  Merl, a very independent and cantankerous cat, is much like Charlotte. 
Merl can only take so much -- those puppy noises, the chasing, the licking -- the dog is total ick! Merl is quick to point out the differences between the two. "I think it likes me. I think it wants to be my friend. NO WAY. I am a cat and it is a dog." In the end however, Merl sets down some very definite rules and acknowledges that he and the dog can definitely be friends. 
During these uncertain times, when all of the news can seem bad, there are many real life stories just like My Big Dog, where neighbors help neighbors, strangers show kindness to strangers, and people put their differences aside. My Big Dog is available in paperback from Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/My-Big-Dog-Golden-Classic/dp/0375851038/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=my+big+dog&qid=1584714206&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment