SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Monday, November 25, 2019

Girl Scout Troop 42002 Raises Money for HRA in a Creative and Helpful Way for People and Animals!

Girl Scout troop 42002 recently raised $400 for the animals at HRA. They did it by hosting a bake sale and a CAR CARE CLINIC! This, I believe, is the first-ever CAR CARE CLINIC hosted in our honor. 
As someone who relies solely on the lights on my dashboard to tell me when to drive in for service, I was blown away by the photo of the girls adding windshield wiper fluid to the proper container under  a car's hood. I had to ask more about the event. 
I learned that one of the troop's  parents taught the girls how to:
- Open a car hood 
- Check for the car model’s recommended tire pressure.
- Check tire pressure and adjust if necessary. 
- Check and top off levels of oil, antifreeze, and windshield washer fluid. 
And then, after the crash car care 101 course, it was totally up to the Brownies to complete the check and service. What a creative way to raise money for the animals and provide a terrific service for car owners, especially now that the weather is getting cooler. My tire pressure light recently started blinking and I did what I always do, I drove to the gas station and paid $5 for someone to put air in the tire. When these young animal lovers become drivers, they won't have to ask anyone to put air in their tires -- they will do it themselves. Thank you Troop 42002 for supporting HRA.

No comments:

Post a Comment