SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Monday, April 18, 2011

Beloved Author Writes Dog Poems With Her Daughter

I just got a copy of Patrica MacLachlan (Sarah Plain and Tall and lots of other wonderful books) and Emily MacLachlan's sweet dog poetry book, Once I Ate a Pie, 13 dogs tell-all-poems and according to the sticker on the book, Dog Approved -- very high praise.  Print date is 2006 -- sorry I've missed this charming collection for five years.

Only 12 more days in National Poetry Month.  Here's the title poem.  Mr. Beefy writes the title poem.  Enjoy!
I am not thin, but I am beautiful
When no one is looking,
I steal tubs of butter off the table.
I take them to the basement to eat in private
ONCE I ATE a PIE.

Don't be shy -- is there a dog or cat that you can write a poem about?  How about writing a poem from that animal's perspective? 

No comments:

Post a Comment