SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Thursday, June 16, 2011

What's in a Name?

An office is an intersting place!
Meet a tabby cat without a name.  Well, that's not completely true.   It's hard naming every cat and dog who comes into the shelter; many of our animals end up with awesome names like Daisy Ann or Bradley while others are a bit of a stretch, like when we name animals after stuff.  Recently a whole slew of cats were named after wines --  not all wines lend themselves to good names.  Like Chambourcin -- what a mouth full.  He's the cat who is visiting my office.  He's a spectacular cat -- gorgeous, curious, affectionate.  Why has he not been adopted?  I think it's the name.   How do your pronounce Chambourcin?  I'm not even sure if I spelled it correctly.   It definitely does not lend itself well to high-pitched baby talk.   Since he's been investigating my office for the past hour, I've come up with several more fitting choices.  What about Stanley, Louis, Nat, Rutherford,  or Irving? 

No comments:

Post a Comment