SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Monday, July 11, 2011

Best Friends

Delia and Luna -- a post adoption hug!
Caring Kids Camp - Animals & Art was lots of fun.  Not only did the 17 campers produce exquisite arts and crafts (pictures on our website, www.warl.org), but I learned that one of my favorite dogs was adopted by a camper.   The dog, known as Naomi at the League, bares a striking resemblance to Nigel.   I visited her often in her den.   I heard that she was adopted by a lovely family, but did not meet them, nor did I see Naomi leave the shelter.  On the first day of camp, the incredibly artistic Delia told me that her recent adoptee, lovely Luna, was named Naomi at the shelter.   I was thrilled to learn that these two wonderful spirits are enjoying life together.   Thanks Delia and family for giving a beautiful black dog a loving home!

No comments:

Post a Comment