SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Saturday, August 25, 2012

Happy Endings! New Beginnings!!


School started in many area schools last week, and it starts in my neighborhood on Monday, so I was planning to write about the importance of not approaching stray animals on your way to school.  And, if your dog accompanies you to the bus stop, make sure that your dog is properly leashed and doesn't bother kids who may not want Rover licking them or jumping up on their clean school clothes.  BUT, I have to run just one more camp post.   We heard from an adopter who adopted one of the pups from our training camp.  Gaga, who was Luke and Eli's pup for the week, has a new name and a loving forever home.

Her adopter wrote --
It's impossible for me to describe all the ways that she brings me joy -- even when I get up in the early hours of the morning! I decided on a name for the little gal yesterday -- "Mari". She's an incredibly social puppy -- she loves people and other dogs and that got me thinking that she's a bit of a social butterfly. The Spanish word for butterfly is "mariposa" and I thought Mari was a novel enough name for her and short enough that she'd easily recognize it.
Thank you for everything -- Mari is a great puppy and I couldn't be happier to have her in my life.

What a perfect way to end summer break.

No comments:

Post a Comment