SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Monday, September 24, 2012

Indoor Cats Are Hunters, Too!

I have often written about outside cats killing wildlife.  In fact, as recently as last week, I wrote about a study that confirmed what was always suspected -- cats permitted to roam outdoors are skilled hunters, killing far more birds, rodents, lizards and other animals than previously thought.  

My indoor cat, Charlotte, was home alone last Thursday.  I brought Nigel and Merl with me to the League.  Before leaving the house I said, "Be good Charlotte, stay out of trouble."   Eight hours later I noticed she was lounging in the basement near an unfamiliar toy.  When I went to toss the toy, I quickly realized that it was no toy -- Charlotte murdered an unsuspecting intruder.  Charlotte killed a mouse. 

I did what any mother of a nearly 15-year-old son would do,  I asked Max, to PLEASE remove the mouse.  He did, but not before staging and editing the photo of Charlotte and her poor victim.  

No comments:

Post a Comment