SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Thursday, March 7, 2013

Another Feline Visitor

As always, we have lots of nice cats -- long haired cats, tabby cats, Siamese-mix cats, solid color cats, calico cats. Our cat room constantly reminds me of the classic 1952 picture book, Millions of Cats, by Wanda Gag. While we may not have millions of cats, our Kitty City is fully occupied. This guy, Frosting (who I am calling Harold) is not very happy living in Kitty City.  I gave him a gentle pat and explained to him that his current situation sure beats pounding the pavement looking for his next meal.  He reacted to my reasoning with a swift right hook to my outstretched hand.   So, I said, "You don't like Kitty City, try my office!"  At this moment he is sitting by my feet plotting his next move.   I think he wants to be friendly and affectionate.  But he is still stuck in his macho tomcat, I don't need you,  routine.   Unfortunately, I'm leaving in a few minutes, so he'll have to go back to Kitty City for the night.  But, I've already warned him that when he comes back upstairs tomorrow  he is going to begin a crash course in basic manners.   A cat as handsome as he is should be a real affectionate guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment