SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happy National Poetry Month!!!!

I love April.   Flowers bloom, temperatures rise, and we celebrate National Poetry Month!  and, that's no April Fool.   First thing I did this morning was grab Patricia MacLachlan and Emily MacLachlan Charest's Cat Talk book off the shelf.  Barry Moser's illustrations, coupled with the cat-capturing verbiage gave Nigel and me lots to discuss.  I've known many cats like Princess Sheba Darling, the cat featured in the poem that Nigel is reading.  But, the poem that really got me, was Sylvie, the Boss.  It made me miss my Bruce cat.  Nigel, however, the sweet guy that he is, didn't offer an opinion.

Sylvie, the Boss
I am the boss cat.
I twitch my tail to prove it.
I boss the dogs.
I boss the people.
I boss Romeo, the cat I live with.,
  whenever I can.
I like three thing: 
My food
My windowsill
My people.
And that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment