SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Monday, November 30, 2015

Thankful for Kind Students & Camera-Friendly Cats!


In this season of thanksgiving, I like to reflect on all of the reasons why I love my job.   One of the very best things about directing the Humane Education program at the Washington Animal Rescue League is meeting students and hearing about the animals in their lives.  It's even better when I get to see those animals.  Maya, a student at D.C. Bilingual Public Charter School, sent me a photo of her cat, Tallita. She explained how the kitty got her name,  "We named her that because I wanted to name her Tye-dye, but my mom wanted something kind of Spanish like, so we combined the two and got Tallita!" 
Looks like Tallita is one relaxed cat who enjoys getting her picture taken.  Thanks for sharing Maya!

No comments:

Post a Comment