SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Monday, February 25, 2013

Ella (6) and Elias (13) chill with Fergus and Rue.
I asked Elias and Ella's mom if I could share the adorable photo that she sent of the siblings with their pair of recently adopted kittens, Fergus and Rue, formerly known as holiday-reindeer-kittens Vixen and Blitzen.   Not only did she agree, but she shared some of the background that led to the kittens' adoption.  
Our old cat, Moose (almost 20), passed away. I was ready for a period of mourning, even a state funeral, but Elias and Ella knew better. We came to WARL and Elias says Fergus and Rue are my third and fourth children. They've completely changed the energy in the house. As I write this, they're both on my lap.
Her email reminded me that our animals time with us is short, but so is the time that children live at home with their parents.  If Fergus and Rue are able to manage the longevity that Moose enjoyed, Ella and Elias will be college graduates by the time the pair of energetic kittens hit their senior stride.  One of the many benefits of sharing our homes with cats and dogs is that there is rarely ever an empty next.  I'm hoping for a picture of the foursome in 10 years and another one several years after that!


No comments:

Post a Comment