SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Thursday, February 21, 2013

Yes, Charlotte, I do want to wash my face!

Here's the thing with Charlotte.  She kind of, sort of, likes to be around me.   She doesn't sit on my lap or snuggle in bed, but she likes to be in the same general vicinity where I am.  And, more times than not, she enjoys causing a disturbance.   Okay, you might think that I am projecting my annoyance onto Charlotte when I say she "enjoys" causing a disturbance.   I am really not projecting, I am stating a fact.  We have a night-time routine -- I sit down to read a book, Charlotte chirps a warning and jumps up on the mantle.  I take Charlotte down from the mantle, pick up the cat toy -- that Charlotte use to like --  and sit back down to read.  Charlotte chirps again and jumps up on the piano.  We repeat this game/annoyance -- depending on your perspective-- several times before I give up and put Charlotte in the basement, where she is perfectly content to watch TV with Max or entertain herself with cat toys.   Charlotte's latest I am in your space activity is jumping into the sink every morning just as I turn on the bathroom light.  I chalk a lot of Charlotte's irritating behavior up to the fact that she's a kitten.  But, she's not;  she is two, and we've been doing this reading, jumping up, plucking down activity now for well over a year. And, if the last few days are a predictor of what's to come, I fear that Charlotte's sink-sitting is not going to end any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment