SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Favorite Dog Update

The Washington Animal Rescue League places scores of dogs and cats in wonderful homes. Sometimes we hear back from their forever homes; sometimes we don't. It's always fun to learn what a certain cat or dog is up to-- what the adopters enjoys about their new friends, what silly things they like to share, as well as the tender moments that warm your heart.

Our training department gets updates about adopted dogs regularly. Quite honestly, I don't remember all of the dogs whose new people send in updates. But a recent email and photo caught my attention immediately. It was from Junie's new person, Erin. She reported that Junie is very sweet and loves her tennis balls and food. I remember Junie and those tennis balls. She had one in her mouth all of the time. Junie was one of those dogs who came in who made me think, "If only I had room for one more...." I'm sure that Nigel and Junie would have gotten along splendidly. However, my schedule and space allows for only one dog. So, Nigel must be content with his dog buddies in the neighborhood and Merl, the only cat of our three, who absolutely adores Nigel. Getting Erin's email reminded me though that Junie was one of those few dogs who I thought, "if only." I was very happy to see the picture of her with her tennis ball. Erin sent another photo of Junie on the bed. Those pictures and Erin's update made me think, "If only they all could get a good home like Junie."

2 comments:

  1. I remember Junie as well. She was returned and had gotten very fat, and Allison commented that she had eaten "another dog" and I took her seriously for a second. She looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. Junie was a "tad" round when she returned. Hppily, I don't think she'll be coming back. Junie's found her forever home with Erin.

    ReplyDelete