SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ANIMAL IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
PLEASE CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,
202-576-6664
OUR OFFICERS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP 24/7



Thursday, May 24, 2012

Flood Victim Finds Dry & Loving Forever Home!

I was caught driving in a terrible thunderstorm yesterday.  It was really scary.    Once I stopped hyperventilating, I thought about the many companion animals left outside  in all sorts of  weather.  And, then my mind wandered to animals, through no fault of their own, or even their guardians, find themselves uprooted because of catastrophic weather-related tragedies.   More than a year ago the League had a number of canine survivors from the Mississippi floods.   Can you imagine losing your home, your belongings and even your animal companion?  Many people last year were never reunited with their cats and dogs after floods, tornadoes and hurricanes -- people and animals were left homeless.  Many of those animals landed at the League.   The scared little pup in the top picture hardly resembles the self-confident, "I have ME two kids of my own" dog posing for the camera. 
But, they are definitely one of the same.   Ella, all smiles, writes about her best friend adopted from the league last summer, " B.B. Dawg (aka Capella) is cute. She was in the Mississippi  floods -- she is scared of water." 
Who can blame her?  I've never been caught in a flood, but wondered  yesterday if my fate was about to change.   Happily, I made it home to my dry, intact house, where Nigel, Micky, Merl and Charlotte were safely waiting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment